As you might know, Liv&Dave are getting married! Yes, that's us! It's been a lot of fun working out the wedding details, and also just enjoying this special time. The wedding planning is in full swing and while I am swamped with work I am set on the idea to write and share a personal bridal beauty guide for you, giving pro advice from my experience as bridal beauty expert (which I have been lately called a lot) as well as my personal experience in how I prepare my body & mind for the big day. Wish me luck ;)
I am personally quite low maintenance, which you might not expect from a makeup artist and beauty blogger, but don't forget that in the end of the day we all only have 24 in a day and I am working long irregular hours, so I prefer to keep my own routine as simple as possible. Yet I do want my skin and hair to look their best and also be in an overall good shape for our wedding, like any other bride.
I am working on a series of posts about tips & tricks, favourite products and techniques, as well as holistic beauty approaches. Expect regular updates, blog-posts and Instagram posts on these topics! I am happy to hear from you about any comments and questions that you might have and would love this to become a dialogue, if you are up for it! Otherwise just read & learn, I hope you enjoy. And quite obviously this is not just for brides to be, but all Ladies that want to up their beauty game.
To start off here are my Top Five Tips For Glowing Wedding Makeup:
1. Good skin care and skin prep are key, it's best to start a good regime months before your wedding day: Regular exfoliation, a gentle good quality cleanser and a nourishing & balancing moisturiser are a must.
2. Less is more, only use foundation and concealer where needed, be selective and keep it fresh and natural.
3. Secret technique for extra glow: Massage your face with your hands to enhance circulation and radiance and stimulate lymph flow prior to makeup application.
4. Apply a liquid highlighter onto your cheek bones prior to your foundation.
5. Use a soft buffing brush for the perfect invisible makeup application to work a small amount of foundation into the skin. Photo credit: Photography: Lara Hotz Photography Stylist: Stefanie Ingram Floral Styling: Jardine Botanic Floral Styling Hair and Make up: Liv Lundelius Makeup Artist Model: The Agency Models